clarification of condescension

From: Jon Robertson (jmrober@pop6.ibm.net)
Date: Fri Jul 10 1998 - 04:09:55 EDT

Just a note to clarify what I was trying to say. I certainly did not
mean that disagreements should not be aired here. In that case, the
very purpose of this list would be nullified. Of course we should
feel free to disagree (which always implies a lack of "something" on
the others part) with respect. And that is what we see daily on
this list, and why I'm here. My point simply was that maybe when
sending a response, we should think how we're saying it. If we think
(or write) "I don't want to be condescending but..." it is very
likely that we'll come across that way! Just think that at that
point, before pushing "send" I should think about sending it
personally or rephrasing it. This would be especially important when
dealing with what we would consider "basic points."
Jon Robertson
Jon