PISTIS, Jude 3

From: Alexander Kyrychenko (Kyrychenko@compuserve.com)
Date: Sun Jul 12 1998 - 04:57:44 EDT

Jonathan Robie wrote:

>What evidence is there that there was a document that comprised a
"commonly
>accepted Christian Confession of Faith" in the first Century?

IMO an example of such "commonly accepted Christian Confession of Faith"
may be in 1Cor.15:1ff. Notice that what Paul himself PARELABON he
delivered (PAREDWKA) them - the gospel. Though PISTIS in Jude not necessary
refers to confessional formulae, his meaning of PISTIS, which was
delivered (PARADOQEISHi) to the saints, IMO seems to be the gospel as
well.

Alexander Kyrychenko.