Re: b-greek digest: August 06, 1998

From: Tombivins@aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 07 1998 - 07:15:01 EDT

In a message dated 8/7/98 12:20:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time, b-
greek@franklin.oit.unc.edu writes:

<<

>>William Boyd of Royal Palm Beach, Fl. writes
Several of you have betrayed your occupation on this list. It seems like most
 of you who have done this are engineers. If there something quircky about
 engineers that they like to teach themselves Greek, or do they just like to
 let it slip every now and then that they are engineers? If you'd be willing,
 I would like to know how many of you are engineers and why are you interested
 in Greek? >>

I am an Engineer. I guess it is the fasination of figuring out complex
technical puzzles that makes the Bible fasinating. To get to the answers to
the problem, you have to study the Bible in its original language. One that
is not my own. Engineers always enjoy a challenge. That is why I enjoy this
list so much.

Tom Bivins
Orlando, Florida