Re: Fonts for the web: the real scoop

From: Jonathan Robie (jonathan@texcel.no)
Date: Sun Aug 09 1998 - 18:13:12 EDT

At 12:39 PM 8/8/98 -0400, Jonathan Robie wrote:
>For those of us who have struggled with getting Greek to work on our web
>page, this looks like a promising resource:
>
>http://www.hotwired.com/webmonkey/98/01/index3a.html?collection=graphics_fo
nts

I should have been clearer: this is helpful only for people who want to use
dynamic fonts, which download temporarily to machines that do not have them
installed. The easiest way, if you don't need diacriticals, is still to use
the Symbol font and <font> tags. If you do need diacriticals, the easiest
way is still to have your users install the font you want.

Jonathan

Jonathan Robie jwrobie@mindspring.com

Little Greek Home Page: http://sunsite.unc.edu/koine
Little Greek 101: http://sunsite.unc.edu/koine/greek/lessons