Re: Fw: Raymond Brown

From: Markus McDowell (mhmcdowell@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Aug 11 1998 - 03:31:53 EDT

On 8/10/98 9:45 PM, Jeffrey B. Gibson
(jgibson000@mpdr0.chicago.il.ameritech.net) wrote:

>It is off topic, I know, but perhaps not out of place to ask other
>B-Greekers who met and knew the man to share their memories of him with
>the rest of us.

I only met Raymond Brown once, last Spring, when he spoke at Pepperdine
University. Afterwards he graciously signed his new Intro book for me,
then asked me about my PhD program at Fuller, who my professors were, and
proceeded to encourage me and commend my mentor, Dr. David Scholer, to
me. Such graciousness and interest in my work from such an eminent
scholar is a memory I will always cherish.

MARKUS H. MCDOWELL
Adjunct Professor PhD student
Religion Division Center for Advanced Theological Studies
Pepperdine University Fuller Theological Seminary
Malibu, California Pasadena, California
http://home.earthlink.net/~mhmcdowell