Logic (was: Women in the Church)

From: John Baima (jbaima@silvermnt.com)
Date: Wed Aug 19 1998 - 16:33:59 EDT

I don't usually get involved in these discussions, especially when I have
not read all the posts. Anyway . . .

If you have a sentence of the form if A then B, you can make 2 logical
deductions from it depending if you know that the protasis is true or the
apodosis is false. Thus, "if A is true, then B is true" and "If B is False,
then A is False (modus tollens)." I believe that both of these are used in
the NT although the former is much more common.

John Baima
Silver Mountain Software 1029 Tanglewood Dr, Cedar Hill TX 75104-3019
jbaima@silvermnt.com http://www.silvermnt.com
Fax 972 293-6641 Voice 972 293-2920