Monro on Homer

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Aug 25 1998 - 16:38:16 EDT

For those of you who are obsessed with owning all the grammars (or nearly
all), I have just receive a reprint of

765. (Same) Monro. D.B. A Grammar of the Homeric Dialect. 1992. 2d edition. Reprint.
$25.00 from Willaim H. Allen, http://www.whallenbooks.com/Books/class1.html.

This book is a quality hardback (sewn binding), the paper is good and the
photo reproduction is very good.

As far as the scholarship of this work, it is over a 100 years old but it is
still in print or more precisely it is back in print. Perhaps one or more of
the Classic's people can tell us about Monro.

I have always wanted this book but when I first started looking in the late
80's it was out of print and I assumed it would stay out of print. I wanted it
primarily as an end piece for my collection of grammars. Monro at one end
Thumb at the other end. Perhaps this isn't quite correct since one might want
to look for a grammar of Linear A and/or Linear B which would predate Homer.

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point