Re: Jude 1:3; KOINHS (intolerably LONG!)

From: Larry Swain (theswain@rocketmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 30 1998 - 14:57:57 EDT

I'vew lost the original to this post, so I'm cutting
from Carl, but on this post:

> >--------------------
> >The 'profane' salvation or 'profane' faith is not
something that is
> >espoused by any teaching in scriptures, but it is
clear by reading
> >throughout the new testament that salvation and
the 'true' faith was
> >considered to be held solely by Israel, and thus a
'holy' or 'sacred'
> >salvation and faith as seen from the perspective
of the Israelites.

<major snip>
Let me just say that this post is in my opinion a
very serious misreading of Judaism in the Second
Temple Period and Hebrew Bible texts, and it is in
fact this gross misreading that influences the
conclusion that KOINHS in this passage is to be read
as "profane".

If the original poster or anyone else is willing to
discuss it offlist, feel free to contact me.

Larry Swain