Re: In the interest of more open discussion

From: GregStffrd@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 02 1998 - 17:40:13 EDT

In a message dated 9/2/98 1:55:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time, jonathan@texcel.no
writes:

<< However, to me, all of the concerns voiced by Carl and
 Edward originally are quite relevant, and there shouldn't be an escape
 clause to allow those with expertise in Christology or theology to turn
 discussions into proof-texting for their views on either, or to dominate
 discussion of any verse that impinges on their views.

 Jonathan >>

I agree. And my comments were not intended to create an escape clause. My
point was merely in reference to the selective participation of some, in view
of their interests.

The Greek text is what we discuss here, but our interests may prompt us to
enter into a discussion of one text, rather than another.

Greg Stafford