Re: Jesus Words: Aramaic or Greek?

From: Jack Kilmon (jkilmon@historian.net)
Date: Fri Sep 04 1998 - 09:23:02 EDT

I think a good starter would be "Idioms of the Bible Explained" by
George Lamsa. "The Semitic Background of the New Testament" by Joseph
Fitzmyer is very good. Also works by Joachim Jeremias.."The Parables
of Jesus" for one. A search of these authors at Amazon.com will produce
other works.

Jack

Theodore H. Mann wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Sep 1998 15:52:44 -0700 Jack Kilmon <jkilmon@historian.net>
> writes:
>
> >There are many cases where enigmatic Greek sayings suddenly make sense
> in Aramaic.
>
> Is a book available that lists and explains these cases?
>
> Best in Christ,
>
> Theodore "Ted" H. Mann
> thmann@juno.com

Min d'LA rokHEM l'maRAN yeSHUa meshyCHA niheYAH. maRAN aTHA

Jack Kilmon jkilmon@historian.net

http://www.historian.net