a request (reviewing my SBL paper)

From: Jeffrey B. Gibson (jgibson000@mailhost.chi.ameritech.net)
Date: Tue Sep 08 1998 - 02:10:27 EDT

B-Greeks,

As both Edward and I have mentioned, SBL approaches. And, as I have also
noted (but I hope not ad nauseam) I will be presenting a paper in the Q
section on the meaning of the "lead us not into PEIRASMOS" clause of the
Lord's Prayer entitled "Testing Temptation: The Meaning of Q 11:4b".

The paper has the distinction not only of being born here within the
confines of B-Greek, since it was a question from Jonathan on Matt.
6:14//Lk. 11:4 that provided the impetus for me to put some thoughts
about it into (cyper)text; but also of growing towards something
approximating its present shape as a result of exchanges about its topic
posted here on the list. And it is because of how valuable I found those
exchanges that I am writing now.

The paper is, for all intents and purposes, near its final form (which
by the way, differs in some respects from the written version I
distributed to certain members of B-Greek at the end of last year). And
I *think* it's in pretty good shape. But since this will be my first
presentation to the national SBL, I want to make sure that it is as
clear and convincing as it can possibly be. So I should like to offer to
send it to anyone on the list who would like to see it -- with the
stipulation that I receive from those requesting it any suggestions
he/she might have for its improvement.

So if you are interested in seeing the paper AND think you will be able
to send me comments upon it by the end of September, please contact me
OFF-LIST at the address below.

Thanks in advance for any interest you may have in this.

Yours,

Jeffrey Gibson

--
Jeffrey B. Gibson