Mark 6:2

From: Kevin L. Barney (klbarney@sprynet.com)
Date: Wed Sep 09 1998 - 22:30:59 EDT

A week or two ago, Cardinal Francis George was invited to lead the Cubs fans in singing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" at Wrigley Field during the seventh inning stretch. He was interviewed in the sports page, and he reported (no doubt tongue in cheek) that he had thought about doing it in Latin, but when he rendered his Latin version back into English, it didn't sound right. Instead of being about baseball, it became a song about a "small round sphere" or some such thing. So he decided to do it in English.

Sorry for the absence of Greek in this post, but I thought some of you might get a kick out of this, as I did.

Kevin L. Barney
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
klbarney@sprynet.com