Re: Greek New Testament

From: Mark Goodacre (M.S.Goodacre@bham.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Sep 17 1998 - 12:49:28 EDT

On 17 Sep 98 at 13:26, Wieland Willker wrote:

> I have added a Greek New Testament to my pages:
> http://www1.uni-bremen.de/~wie/GNT/books.html
>
> You need the font "Koine" to view it in greek.
> The font can be downloaded from the page above.
> Unfortunately I didn't remember anymore where I got that font.
> Anyone?

Thanks for the notice and congratulations -- is this the first Greek NT on the
web (i.e. viewable on a browswer without having to download first?). The only
other one I know of is http://www.southern.edu/people/williams/greek but that's
all ASCII text files.

I have a problem, though, in that I have a different font on my machine also
called "Koine", used for the Zondervan BibleSource for Windows, and my browsers
insist on giving me that font for Wieland's pages. Does anyone else have the
same difficulty? I have managed to overcome it by saving Wieland's HTML pages
and then opening them in Micosoft Word, but it's not ideal.

The test alphabet on the opening page features E where it should be H, by the
way.

Mark

Dr Mark Goodacre mailto:M.S.Goodacre@bham.ac.uk
 Dept. of Theology Tel: +44 (0)121 414 7512
 University of Birmingham Fax: +44 (0)121 414 6866
 Birmingham B15 2TT
 United Kingdom

World Without Q: http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/q