Fw: Holy Spirit and indications of grammar

From: Tolliver Family (tolliver@tstar.net)
Date: Sun Sep 20 1998 - 16:48:24 EDT

The difficulty seems to arise from the fact that people come in two sexes,
but words in Greek come in three genders. It may be helpful to look at
other languages that have grammatical gender. German has a large number of
neuter nouns referring to people and I have seen all three genders of
pronouns used with them. It seems that if the person is definitely known
to be of one sex or the other, that sex-appropriate pronoun may be used,
however the neuter pronoun can be used also with no loss of personhood.
ken

leave-b-greek-329W@franklin.oit.unc.edu