Re: Earliest New Testament Manuscripts

From: Troy DeJongh (troyd@pobox.com)
Date: Tue Sep 01 1998 - 09:52:12 EDT

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Bart Ehrman wrote:

> I was sent the the Introduction to this book and asked to write a blurb
> for it. I declined, because it was filled with egregious factual errors.
>
> -- Bart Ehrman

Bart,

Would you be willing to share a few examples of these errors? Are the
discrepancies linguistic/textual in nature, or are they theological?

I'm aware that you possibly don't share the theological views of Comfort,
but it would be enlightening for us members of B-Greek to know if Comfort's
book is not a reliable volume in terms of its coverage of Biblical Greek
or textual issues (realizing you were only given the Intro, of course).

Thanks.

--
Troy DeJongh            troyd@pobox.com            http://pobox.com/~troyd