Re: Earliest New Testament Manuscripts

From: Bart Ehrman (behrman@email.unc.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 02 1998 - 06:35:20 EDT

    It depends on what kind of book you want/need. If you want basic, but
scholarly and reliable introductions to the issues surrounding the
manuscript tradition of the New Testament, still the best places to turn
are Kurt and Barbara Aland, _The Text of the New Testament_ (available in
both German and English; if you have equal facility in both languages you
should go with the German) and, *especially*, Bruce M. Metzger, _The Text
of the New Testament_. If you are more interested in paleography of the
Greek Bible, the best intro. is B. M. Metzger, _The Manuscripts of the
Greek Bible_. Or is there another area that you are more interested in?

   Best of luck!

-- Bart Ehrman