Re: The Greek word(s) for "homosexual?"

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 03 1998 - 09:12:12 EDT

I very much regret even having to make the following declaration on-list, as I should think that B-Greek Netiquette standards are well-enough understood. I do make it, however, in view of the fact that those standards have been violated already in this thread.

Regarding this inquiry and the thread it has engendered, be it noted:

(1) There is abundant discussion of this matter in the B-Greek archives at sunsite, particularly under the word-headings of MALAKOS and ARSENOKOITHS.

(2) While there is no reason why the subject-matter and the precise meaning of the Greek words in question should not be discussed on list, participants are expected, regardless of their personal views regarding homosexuality, to focus their comments on the lexical and interpretative matters in question and to respect the openness of this forum and the imperative for civility of discourse in our exchanges.