Re: 1 Cor. 2:13

From: vince-s@juno.com
Date: Fri Oct 09 1998 - 04:51:37 EDT

It occurs to me that I did not provide much in the way of syntactical
information on how I rendered my translation.

SUGKRINONTES is an adverbial participle of means. It relates back to
EIDWMEN (we may know). I t answers the question "How will we know?" "By
means of interpreting..."

PNEUMATIKA is a Plural Substantive Adjective in the Accusative Case
functioning as a Direct Object. It semantically parallels the object of
EIDWMEN, "the things given us by God."

PNEUMATIKOIS is a Plural Substantive Adjective, Dative of Means. It
semantically parallels the "words taught by the Spirit".

Hope this clarifies where I'm coming from.
God Bless,
Vince