Southern English

From: TonyProst@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 16 1998 - 10:56:09 EDT

There is, I recall, a translation of the Bible, the name of which I cannot
recall. ("Cornpone?" Something homey.) Made in the 50's I believe, it is done
in Southern Dialect, and uses Southern place and personal names to evoke
rather than translate.

If anyone has a copy of this, you might check his usage of the 2nd person
plural, first to see if it is consitently used for the Greek 2nd person
plural, and second to see if it scientifically follows Southern usage.

Tony Prost