Re: 5 case system vs. 8 case system

From: Byron P. Knutson (byronk@open.org)
Date: Thu Oct 22 1998 - 03:56:00 EDT

I was out looking at grammars today ( haven't bought any for a few years)
and it seems that all those I've found that are new are 5 case system
grammars. ATR pushed the 8 case system and I thought many thought highly of
his work and scholarship enough to follow it. The newer scholarship must
have reasons for going back to the 5 case system like the Classical Greek
grammars do/did. Is there any discussion on this by those who have kept up
on this aspect of the research?

Byron Knutson