Re: PRWTOTOKOS (was col 1:15 greek help)

From: GregStffrd@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 09 1998 - 09:55:28 EST

In a message dated 11/8/98 9:11:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jonathan@texcel.no writes:

<< But whereas 1 Cor 15:28 clearly requires us to see God as an exception,
 there is nothing in this passage that tells us to regard Jesus as an
 exception. I'm not saying that this interpretation is impossible, merely
 that there is nothing in the passage that really suggests this
interpretation. >>

I hope Edgar does not mind my commenting on this matter, but I believe the
very use of PRWTOTOKOS is what points to an exception in this case, as well as
the temporal descriptions/comments in the surrounding context, particularly
verse 19.

Greg Stafford