Re: PRWTOTOKOS

From: GregStffrd@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 10 1998 - 01:20:25 EST

In a message dated 11/9/98 2:13:52 PM Pacific Standard Time, hyle@gte.net
writes:

<< Consequently, it is only through a personal misunderstanding of the
 philosophical background that a Hellenistic writer would have sought to
 declare Logos a member of either set--Forms or Matter--*exclusively*. >>

Dear Will:

You make some interesting points, but can you show me where this is
articulated in NT? I do not see Paul or John as Hellenistic writers making use
of Greek philosophical thought concerning the LOGOS. Rather, they seem more
influenced by Jewish Wisdom literature, particularly as it is articulated in
the OT.

Greg Stafford