Word Order & The Instrumental Dative

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Nov 10 1998 - 13:16:49 EST

In Acts 16:15 we read:

EI KEKRIKATE ME PISTHN TWi KURIWi EINAI

I was tempted to read TWi KURIWi as an instrumental dative limiting KEKRIKATE
but I didn't find anyone to agree with me. I would assume that the reason for
this is word order, however I am not certain that this reading is really
impossible given the word order as it stands.

Is it impossible or highly improbable to read TWi KURIWi as an instrumental
dative in this context? Would the following word order make in more acceptable?

EI KEKRIKATE TWi KURIWi ME PISTHN EINAI

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point