RE: Searchng for an agenda-neutral Bible

From: Kelley Mata (kmata@westernseminary.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 24 1998 - 17:12:05 EST

It is most certainly a translation issue. The response by many who oppose
this paint it as a sociological or cultural issue whereby a feminist agenda
is influencing biblical scholarship as it regards modern translations. This
is clearly inflammatory and unscholarly, reaping the intended emotive
response from many conservative evangelical camps which are responding
rather than thinking.

There is a book recently released by IVP. It is written by Dr. Mark
Strauss, titled "Distorting Scripture". Dr. Strauss also has a article
about this topic in the June edition of the "Journal of the Evangelical
Theological Society".

I appreciate your email.

M. Kelley Mata
Western Seminary