The aorist

From: Kevin L. Barney (klbarney@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 23 1998 - 18:15:20 EST

OK, now I'm confused. I was taught 20 years ago that the aorist was
punctilear. More recently I have read material suggesting that that was an
old fashioned, out-of-date notion, and that in fact the aorist is undefined
in terms of time. So I assumed that our knowledge of the aspect of the
aorist had progressed over the past 20 years. Now the current thread
suggests that there may be something to the "point in time" view after all.
 What gives?

Kevin L. Barney
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
klbarney@yahoo.com