Reviews ofTechnical Commentaries

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Dec 01 1998 - 16:17:42 EST

I am once again searching for information on good technical commentaries. I
have surfed the web until my mouse started squeaking in pain without being
able to find any pages with reviews.

Two particular series I would like to see reviews on are both published by
Eerdmans. One is the Pillar series which includes works on Matthew, John,
Romans and Revelation. The other set is the NICGNT (note the G, this is not
the NICNT). I have used the Pillar vol. on John (D.A. Carson) and the I.H.
Marshall vol. from NICGNT on Luke but I have never read any reviews on the
other works.

I have read several times the books by Carson and Barber and others on
commentaries. I know what their views are on these topics and to a certain
extent know why the recommend what they recommend.

What I would really like to find is some other opinions on individual volumes
in Pillar and NICGNT series.

If anyone can point me to a source (preferably electronic) or just give me
some thoughts of your own on this subject I would be grateful.

Thanks.

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point