Re: Translators

From: JaneGC@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 02 1998 - 13:27:45 EST

In a message dated 12/2/98 11:55:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
steve@allegrographics.com writes:

<< Going to a public school in America, there isn't much hope of gaining a
classical education for today's youth. The very idea of a classical language
being taught in a public school setting strikes me as a vain hope. >>

My daughter is in 9th grade at Columbia HS in Maplewood, NJ where she takes
Latin. In fact, in the last five years, Columbia has gone from one teacher
teaching Latin and Spanish to two full time Latin teachers.

Sorry it's not the same where you are.

Jane