Re: Simone De Beauvoir on Acts 17:12

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Dec 16 1998 - 16:20:02 EST

"Carl W. Conrad" wrote:

> That's mighty considerate of you. Clay. We didn't even recognize that you
> had written in verse, and so we hadn't even tried to scan what you wrote.

Once again I have failed to conform to the pristine usage of the
academy. This term "scan" is also used in technical circles to mean
"make sense out of." So you see there is a language barrier on this
list. Just why I am expected to know how these terms are used in
Classics departments at major universities is somewhat beyond my
comprehension.

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point