Re: Two words translated "receive"

From: Tom Geiger (teknon5@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 22 1998 - 09:44:42 EST

Carl,

Thank you for both of your recent replies to my questions. As you can
see, I am in the very beginning stages of investigating Biblical Greek.

It may or may not be pertinent to you understanding of my questions,
but the reason behind these questions is that a teacher, who had
propounded that he was teaching the Bible as it had not been taught
since the first century, had given definitions of certain Greek words
without any references to back up such definitions. I am now trying
to determine what definitions are correct (as opposed to trying to
prove him wrong).

Thanks again for you help and I sure hope my questions are not too
elementary for the list.

Enjoy the holidays!
Tom Geiger