dative of sphere

From: UpoXarin@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 01 1999 - 14:45:20 EST

        I am having trouble understanding exactly how to think of the dative of
sphere. I have read Wallace's discussion, but for some reason I am still
having trouble. Here is an example:
AKOUSANTES THN PISTIN uMWN EN XRISTW (COLOSSIANS 1:4A)

Many commentators identify this as not speaking of the colossians putting
their faith into Christ (which appears to usually be expressed with EIS) but
their faith in the sphere of Christ. I would appreciate any suggestions that
would help the light go on in my head.

Jonathan Brubaker
upoxarin@aol.com