Re: Word macro for use with Greek fonts

From: Rodney J. Decker (rdecker@bbc.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 20 1999 - 09:18:08 EST

> On the b-greek mailing list you mentioned a macro you have for Word
>that will convert spaces to Times New Roman so that Greek words do not
>split at the end of lines. I have been doing this same thing manualy.
>Would it be possible for you to email a copy of that macro to me? I
>would greatly appreciate it!

Since I've been asked off-list, perhaps there are others who would be
interested. Here is the portion of the Word 97 macro that I use to convert
the non-breaking Graeca spaces to Times New Roman. It can easily be adapted
to find and replace different fonts or different characters. A "macro-guru"
could probably do it more elegantly than this--I just turned on the macro
recorder and performed the steps necessary. This is actually only one step
of a much longer macro that I use when I bring material originally prepared
in Mac Word 5.1 into WinWord 97 for classroom use. (Colors don't translate
correctly either: blue comes across as turquoise, etc.)

Rod

    Selection.Find.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
    Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
    Selection.Find.Font.Name = "GraecaII"
    Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting
    Selection.Find.Replacement.Font.Name = "Times New Roman"
    With Selection.Find
        .Text = ChrW(61472)
        .Replacement.Text = " "
        .Forward = True
        .Wrap = wdFindContinue
        .Format = True
        .MatchCase = False
        .MatchWholeWord = False
        .MatchWildcards = False
        .MatchSoundsLike = False
        .MatchAllWordForms = False
    End With

Rodney J. Decker, Th.D. Baptist Bible Seminary
Dept. of NT P.O. Box 800, Clarks Summit, PA 18411
http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/
The *Resources for NT Study* page is accessible at:
http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/rd_rsrc.htm