Re: earth, land

From: Jim West (jwest@Highland.Net)
Date: Sat Jan 23 1999 - 17:06:50 EST

At 08:53 PM 1/23/99 -0600, you wrote:

>Could v.1 be Speaking of the "world to come whereof we speak" Heb 2:5 as
though it had been done and meaning Heaven (Christ and His CO-rulers) and
the earth (the righteous population) of the future Kingdom of Christ? Then
it might make more sense to state "let us make man in our image and after
our likeness" v.26 placing this discourse after man has been judged
righteous and then changed from mortal to immortal into the likeness of
Their immortal image and likeness. No man now is in the image of God except
Christ. A treatment of Gen. as a historical plan of the Spiritual Creation
would be of more benefit to man than its treatment as a history of God's
physical creation. Why would God waste time telling man who is less than
nothing about his Physical Universal creation. Keep in mind that it may be
that God speaks of things that are to come as though they had already been.
Just a thought. I WILL NOW GO HIDE IN THE CLOSET.

>Jesse L. Nall jnall@alltel.net

I apologize to the list--- the post referred to above was sent to b-hebrew
and when I made a response I typed in b-greek. Of course, this discussion
regarding Gen 1 properly belongs there.

Best,

jim

Jim West, ThD