Greek Pronunciation IPA

From: Dale Hamilton (hammies@smart.net.au)
Date: Fri Feb 12 1999 - 04:44:46 EST

G'day,

I am new to this list so I hope my question has not been answered
recently.

I am wondering if anyone can help me with the IPA symbols that correspond
with the various NT Greek sounds (letters)? eg. should Gamma be pronounced
as a voiced velar plosive or a fricative, or both, depending on
environment.

I studied NT Greek a few years ago and have gotten a bit rusty. I am not
very impressed with the English equivalent pronunciations that I was taught
when I first began to study Greek. I hope that someone out there can give
me (or knows where I can find one) a more accurate guide based on IPA.

Thanks, Dale Hamilton.