Re: discourse boundary markers in Luke

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Feb 28 1999 - 16:57:18 EST

> I am suggesting a small change in the way we look for discourse boundary
> markers. I am suggesting that we search for semantic patterns FIRST at a
> high level of discourse (paragraph and above) and then we can ask
> ourselves how these semantic discourse markers are represented lexically
> and syntactically.
>
> Perhaps this is what everyone is already doing

I took a look at Richard Young's schema for discourse analysis and he is
using primarily semantic categories to define discourse structure
including discourse markers. So it would appear that this is the
"Normal" way of doing things.

If I appear to be confused at times it is because I am confused.

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point