Re: There is nothing new under the sun

From: Steve Long (steve@allegrographics.com)
Date: Fri Mar 05 1999 - 13:01:53 EST

>I have a vague recollection that there is a Greek (or perhaps Latin) source
>underlying the common expression "there is nothing new under the sun."
>Does anyone happen to know if that is correct, and if so, what the source
>is and the Greek (or Latin) form of the saying?
>
>Kevin L. Barney
>Hoffman Estates, Illinois
>klbarney@yahoo.com

Ecl. 1:9 TI TO GEGONOS AUTO TO GENESOMENON KAI TI TO PEPOIHMENON AUTO TO
POIHQHSOMENON KAI OUK ESTIN PAN PROSFATON UPO TON HLION.

It is from the LXX so it is not original to Greek, but a translation of the
Hebrew.

Steve

| Allegro Graphics, Inc. -- Allegro Digital Media, Inc. |
| 4132 Industrial Drive

| Saint Peters, Missouri 63376 |