Re: Ephesians 2:4-10

From: Jonathan Brubaker (upoxarin@aol.com)
Date: Mon Mar 08 1999 - 16:55:37 EST

I am not very advanced in greek but since it does not appear any one else
has answered your question I will give it a crack. I think that the
participle SESWSMENOI completes the verbal idea of ESTE and thus
periphrastic, with XARITI expressing the means of the action. This appears
to the most natural reading to me. I guess you would have to check if Paul
ever talked about believers being "in grace". Well there's my two cents
worth.

Jonathan Brubaker
upoxarin@aol.com