Re: Unanswered messages

From: Ian E. Rock (irock@caribsurf.com)
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 12:51:17 EST

While I share the "anxiety" and experience of JRG of having little response to
posts, the idea of separating out the forum may have a stagnating effect on personal
development. I have gained much by just following certain threads in the past. One
could end up in a forum that they are comfortable (academically) with. However,
sometimes a question may be answered by research, but if one is seeing a new
perspective on a problem, then research will not always be beneficial. In this
regard a simple question could open the door to a better hermeneutic. So then, the
big and middle Greeks could perhaps show some empathy and help us little Greeks when
we pose what may seem as embarrasing questions.

Regards

Ian E. Rock, Codrington College, Barbados <irock@caribsurf.com>