Re: APEIQW

From: Jim West (jwest@highland.net)
Date: Mon Mar 15 1999 - 10:29:52 EST

At 07:19 AM 3/15/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Denny Diehl here with a question on APEIQW
>
>In Jn 3:36 the KJV translates:

>Why would APEIQW be variously translated as "unbelieving"
>and "not obey"?

Because, depending on the context, one fits better than the other but they
are both the same thing as far as NT writers were concerned. Disobedience
is disbelief, and disbelief is disobedience. They are the two sides of the
one coin.

Best,

Jim

p.s.-- I had the pleasure of meeting Michael Palmer and Jonathan Robie this
weekend while at the SECSOR meeting. What delightful chaps they both are!

Jim West, ThD
Petros Baptist Church

jwest@highland.net
Biblical Studies Resources at: