hORISQENTOS hUIU QEOU (Rom 1:4)

From: Blahoslav Cicel (cbmost@iol.cz)
Date: Wed Mar 17 1999 - 07:10:53 EST

Hello friends,

the other day we were reviewing the activity of the Holly Spirit and we
came to Rom 1:4. I was surprised by the new translation, so I checked it
in the GNT. It showed to bee more comlplex than my Little Greek
knowledge is able to handle. Comparing other translations I realized,
that it seems to not bee so easy to understand, as each renders it in a
different way.

The verses 1-3 are clear, the ending of the verse 4 (IESOU CRISTOU TOU
KURIOU hEMWN), too. But I dont know how to structure the text

TOU hORISQENTOS hUIU QEOU EN DUNAMEI KATA PNEUMA hAGIWSUNHS EX
ANASTASEWS NEKRWN

The verse 3b and the verse 4a are parallel statements characterising
Christ in contrast:
GENOMENOU -- hORISQENTOS
KATA SARKA -- KATA PNEUMA

The structure of 3b is straight: