Re: FW: virus warning

From: Theodore H Mann (thmann@juno.com)
Date: Mon May 10 1999 - 11:51:49 EDT

I know that virus rumors are often just that-- rumors. Still, a close
friend of mine sent me the following, so I will pass it along.

Dr. Theodore "Ted" Mann
Orchard Lake, Michigan
thmann@juno.com

>We found a virus on a customer's pc. This is VERY, VERY SERIOUS!!
Please forward it to everyone you know..they will be grateful. There is
a virus out now being >sent to people via email...it is called the
A.I.D.S. VIRUS. It will destroy your memory, sound card and speakers,
drive, and it will infect your mouse or pointing >device..as well as your
keyboards (possibly motherboards), making what you type not able to
register on the screen. It self terminates only after it eats 5MB of
>hard drive space & will delete all programs. It will come via E-mail
called "OPEN: VERY COOL! DELETE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! immediately!! It
will basically render your >computer useless. Please pass this on to
everyone you know! PASS IT ON QUICKLY & TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE.