Re: Word Order: Mark 3.1

From: George Blaisdell (maqhth@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 13 1999 - 18:17:59 EDT

<x-flowed>

>From: "Moon-Ryul Jung"

>Dear George,

>I would agree that your "question-answer" approach to interpret
>sentences is reasonable because of the linear left-to-right order
>of words.

Cool!! Does that mean that the non-possesive article now makes sense as
well? I did not quite have a handle on that until this little exercise came
to me to do. THEN, of course, its presence is perfectly and obviously
correct.

>But it does not necessarily support your claim that
>the center words of a sentence are emphasized.

It does, but that is another topic. I am just glad that I have gotten as
far as this for now!! The key to centers seems to be the tension produced
by the unidentified descriptive words, and you much they integrate, and how
the thought process moves from center to center. There is much yet to look
at in this regard.

George Blaisdell
Roslyn, WA