RE: Bad Greek

From: Armando Cottim (DSI) (armando.cottim@mundialconfianca.pt)
Date: Wed May 19 1999 - 09:22:10 EDT

Hi fellows and excuse me for entering this subject's discussion.

While appreciating the concerned showed by some, allow me to tell you that I
fail to see the point of questioning the way a person writes.

OK, I write English with mistakes, both ortograph and grammar. It happens to
me also in French and Spanish. My mother language is Portuguese and mistakes
in other languages are natural. My English would probably be considered
"poor" and, sometimes, "horrid". Hey ... it's life! :-)

Peter, John and the others used Greek much like I use English. As a second
(?) language! Errors are natural and strong words to qualify them are
natural, too.

Also, some individuals are more prone to use strong adjectives than others.
Jim seems to be one of these. So what?

I have to say that Jim's strong vocabulary doesn't bother me. Maybe because
English is just a second language. Perhaps we could overcome these cultural
and personality differences and dedicate ourselves to what we do best? I
love the Word. I've dedicated the best part of my life to study it and I'm
still trying to learn more. Jim's insight's are always welcome, even if he
uses strong wording.

This said ... please do not consider this as flaming or attacking somebody
else. I just would like to spare some of the members (it was Jim this time
but others before and after are also concerned) of the inconvenient of not
sending us their ideas because they fear flames or strong reactions.

Love and peace my friends.

Armando

Armando A. Cottim
armando.cottim@mundialconfianca.pt
<mailto:armando.cottim@mundialconfianca.pt>
Microsoft Certified Professional
Certified Novell Engineer
Certified Novell Instructor
TekMetrics Certified COBOL II Programmer
TekMetrics Certified Visual Basic 5 Programmer
TekMetrics Certified Web Programmer
TekMetrics Certified HTML Programmer
TekMetrics Certified Windows 95 Administrator
TekMetrics Certified Windows 98 Administrator