Fwd: Re: Bad Greek: THREAD HALTED

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Thu May 20 1999 - 11:01:04 EDT

Leo Percer sent me this note off-list with permission to forward it to the
list; I do so with full apppreciation of his sending it to me personally
first. I concur with his judgments here about the edification I think we
all have found in the discussion. At the same time, I want to reiterate
that the reason it seemed wise to me to halt the thread was that it was
beginning to focus less upon the Greek text and the alleged "bad Greek" in
Revelation and more upon attitudes toward inspiration and hermeneutical
issues. I might add that I have had more than one off-list note that seemed
to express dismay at my own expressed attitudes toward these questions, and
I really don't want to see that sort of thing on the list itself.

This does NOT mean, of course, that the thread is re-opened.

cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu