Re: Fwd: FW: Strunkenwhite virus

From: Benjamin Raymond (bfraymond@prodigy.net)
Date: Thu May 20 1999 - 17:48:04 EDT

At 04:58 PM 5/20/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I have my suspicions that the following is a hoax, but I thought I'd forward
>it so the software experts can comment on it. If it's true, it could be
quite
>damaging to the discussions on this forum.
<snip>

This is most certainly a hoax, although I have seen no report of it yet on
any hoax pages like http://www.avertlabs.com/public/datafiles/valerts/

The creator didn't even bother to fabricate affected software, link to a
major anti-virus site, describe how the virus works, or even how it is
spread (e.g., via e-mail attachment).

I think the commercial url, which does work, given in the signature file is
a likely clue to the purpose for such a claim: $$.

Benjamin Raymond, B.Min.
8 Margaret St.
Essex Jct., VT 05452
802-879-7350