Re: Keeping up with NT Greek after class

From: Bret A. Hicks (bret@maranatha.net)
Date: Fri May 21 1999 - 11:45:45 EDT

Thanks to all for your advice! I will begin devoting my time more with the text
and less with keeping up with my vocab.
    Jim, I did have one other question. You said you would save 1 Peter for
near the last. I will be teaching 1 Peter next year so this was of interest to
me. I have always heard that 1 Peter was some of the best Greek in the NT
(which was confirmed in the recent posts on the Greek of Revelation). If it is
good Greek, why read it so late? Are there a lot of uncommon words? Is the
grammar complex? If it is "good" Greek, why wait so late to read it?
    Again, thanks for all your help!

In Christ,

Bret A. Hicks
Pastor