Re: Pros

From: George Blaisdell (maqhth@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 03 1999 - 14:26:22 EDT

<x-flowed>

>From: "Carl W. Conrad"
>
>At 8:51 AM -0700 6/3/99, George Blaisdell wrote:
> >>From: "Donald L. Shaffer"
> >
> >>It now seems clear to me that I need only research
> >>that combination of EIMI and PROS.

[George]
> >So when John 1:1 has
> >hO LOGOS HN PROS TON QEON, we can assume on >this approach that it
>clearly
> >means relationship, where hO LOGOS is TO in the >formulation, and TON
>QEON is
> >TI, and the HN is the very implied stative verb >of existence in TO PROS
>TI.

> >I hope this is helpful.

[Carl]
>No, the text does NOT say hO LOGOS HN TO PROS QEON EINAI. And that is what
>it would have to say to yield the meaning you're suggesting.

Well, so much for my hope for helpfulness! It sure looks like a dead ringer
for relationship, Carl, but if you say it's not, then it's not!

>The rest of this is theological speculation, which really doesn't belong on
>this list.

Sorry for the cross-over.

>Take it to your

???MY??? I think it's Edgar's ~ I just chime in...

>"Theology of the Greek Bible" list where such speculation appears to be
>right at home

!!!YOUCH!!!

>in that current thread with the newly coined term, QEWSIS.

OW! OW! OW!

Carl, a whuppin' from you is better than praise from most anybody!

>Please, let's keep theological speculation off
>of this list.

I'll do better, I promise!

With contrition...

George Blaisdell