Re: Pocket-sized Greek New Testament

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Jun 05 1999 - 12:06:15 EDT

> Dr. Goodacre said that the folks reading these postings enjoy a challenge,
> so here it is. I'm looking for a source through which I can purchase a
> pocket-sized (preferably something 4" wide wide and 5" or 6" tall) Greek
> New Testament with a Greek/English lexicon (dictionary) in the back.
> Leather-bound would be great. It would almost have to be on onion-skin
> paper so that it wasn't too thick to easily carry around. I have a copy of
> the GNT put out by United Bible Society with a dictionary, but it is not
> exactly portable.
> Thanks,
> Robert Rabe

Robert,

NA26 is about the best you will be able to do on this.
It is 4 1/2 x 6 3/8 x 13/16. It does NOT have a dictionary. The smallest
lexicon I have seen is Alexander Souter's which is about the same size
as NA26 (1/2 inch taller). The dictionary for UBS3 was available at on
time as a separate vol. It was thin but no smaller than UBS3 in the
other dimensions.

All of the above are available on the used book market. If there is a
smaller GNT I have not seen it. You might want to check with an Eastern
Orthodox source, they may have a small Greek testament.

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point