Re: Greek Lexicons

From: Mark Goodacre (M.S.GOODACRE@bham.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jun 25 1999 - 09:07:53 EDT

On 24 Jun 99, at 17:57, John McQueen wrote:

> I recently picked up an old Greek lexicon called "A Manual Greek Lexicon of
> the New Testament" by G. Abbott-Smith, 3rd Ed, published by T. & T. Clark,
> Edinburgh
>
> Does anyone have any experience with this lexicon or have any comments or
> opinions as to its quality or usefulness in studying NT Greek? I would
> appreciate any input from the B-Greek world.

Yes -- it is a good lexicon for introductory Greek. All our
undergraduate students use it as their standard lexicon. However for
post-graduate work, if not before, one needs to move on to BADG.

Mark
Dr Mark Goodacre mailto:M.S.Goodacre@bham.ac.uk
  Dept of Theology tel: +44 121 414 7512
  University of Birmingham fax: +44 121 414 6866
  Birmingham B15 2TT United Kingdom

http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre
   New Testament Web Resources
   Mark Without Q