RE: Classify deponents

From: Wieland Willker (willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de)
Date: Wed Jun 30 1999 - 02:39:15 EDT

I wanted to restrict this question to the usage in a computer program. Which
tagging would you find most useful?
I can't believe that you, Carl would think that a simple labeling of ALL
middle AND passive forms to a general "middle/passive" class is the optimum.
I agree that an extra deponent class is problematic and so do feel the folks
at Bibleworks.
But they try to assign some deponents according to meaning as passive, with
all others remaining in the middle, though they are active in meaning. I
think this is problematic, too.

Best wishes
    Wieland