Inheritance

From: Alan Cassady (alanc@alaweb.com)
Date: Wed Jul 28 1999 - 11:18:38 EDT

I am new to the list and am a novice at Greek. I have run across a problem
for which I need your expert opinions.

(Eph 1:11 NRSV) In Christ we have also obtained an inheritance, ...
(Eph 1:11 NIV) In him we were also chosen, ...

The word translated obtained an inheritance / were chosen is eklhrwQhmen
[h=eta, Q=theta] it occurs no where else in the NT. It sems to be Aorist
Passive, but the KJV, NRSV, NAS translate it as middle for passive. It seems
that the Aorist middle should be eklhrwsametha.
Thanks
Alan Cassady